This is not your typical book club. Think discipleship through books.
We are Christian women seeking life-changing spiritual growth in a small group setting. We are hungry for knowledge, practical application, and meaningful interaction with other thoughtful women. We do not mind hard questions, doctrinal discussions, and thinking outside of the proverbial box.
Our book list is a mix of Christian nonfiction, secular fiction with themes of significance, and biographies. Our books are chosen because they contribute to our spiritual lives. In a word, they EDIFY – to build up, to construct; to establish, or strengthen a person; to uplift, to inform or enlighten intellectually or spiritually.
*Book club is taking a break now that Mindy is in seminary. Mindy often shares reading lists from her seminary classes in her blog posts.
From 2013-2017 we read:
- The Magnificent Obsession by Anne Graham Lotz
- Radical by David Platt
- Called Out of the Darkness by Anne Rice
- Erasing Hell: What God Said About Eternity and The Things We Made Up by Francis Chan.
- Wired That Way: The Comprehensive Personality Plan by Marita Littauer.
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- Big God: What Happens When We Trust Him? by Britt Merrick
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
- The Beauty of Broken by Eliza Morgan (founder of MOPS)
- Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers
- Boys in the Boat by Daniel Brown
- Return of the Prodigal by Henri Nouwen
- Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
- The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller
- Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- Fervant by Priscilla Shirer
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- Chasing Elephants: Wrestling with the Gray Areas of Life by Brent Crowe
- Invisible Girls: A Memoir (Ethiopian refugees in the USA) by Sarah Thebarge
- You Lost Me: Why Young Christians Are Leaving The Church by David Kinnaman.
- Unashamed by Lecrae.
- Prodigal God by Timothy Keller.
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst.
- Revival Rising by Mark Nyswander